Welcome to the end of the year! I can’t believe 2015 has gone by so quickly! Here are some links to peruse through the holiday season:
These are a few more artists I’ve been following over the years
- Paul Madonna: just awesome. I have no words.
- Tommy Kane: love his style and his whimsy
- Wendy MacNaughton: I thoroughly enjoy a Wendy MacNaughton infographic
- “One page at a time” by Adam J. Kurtz: has anyone tried this book? I bought Keri Smith’s “Wreck This Journal” many years ago and it just wasn’t for me. I might give this one a go though…
- “Everyday Matters” by Danny Gregory: one of the first books that launched me into sketching again. Also check out the rest of his series of daily drawing ideas.
- “Illustration School: Let’s Draw Happy People” by Sachiko Umoto: simple tutorials on how to draw cute cartoon drawings.
- Scription: Patrick’s Ng’s website of Chronodex fame. If you haven’t checked out the rest of his website, you should! Full of wonderful papery pleasures :)
- Notebook Stories: my go-to website for notebook reviews, if not to feel better that I’m not the only one with too many notebooks. The site features a ‘Notebook addict of the week’.
- Plannerisms: if you need a bit of guidance in finding a planner that might work for you, this is where to find it
- Brain Pickings: I’ve subscribed to this newsletter for so many years now, and I still love the content. The articles are well-thought out and insightful, and I love the additional links in each piece. If you want something thought-provoking in your email inbox, then this is the place for you.
- Sustainably Creative: Michael Nobbs is brilliant. Listen in on his podcasts, which talks about everything and anything, but mainly on how to keep things realistic when you’re in pursuit of the creative life
- Craftsy: I love these online classes for something not so heavy on a chilled out weekend. I’ve tried out most of the art classes offered here. FYI: these are paid courses.
- The Postman’s Knock: lovely resource for all things calligraphy
- Purl Soho Home: if you’re ever in need of some yarn-based inspiration and easy to follow tutorials, this is your place
- Bianca Jagoe: just all types of crafty goodness and drool-worthy pictures
- The Simple Veganista: I’m not a vegan by any means. I love meat too much, but hubby and I consider veganism as a cuisine that needs to be tried out. I’ve made some delicious food from the recipes on this website – give it a go!
- Oh She Glows: another vegan recipe site, but I promise you, you won’t be disappointed
- They Draw and Cook: a combination of two things I love about life – cooking/eating and drawing!
If you’re not following these Instagram accounts, you should be!
- @sincerelymaz: Maz is an absolute magician with the pen. Check out her Etsy store for prints!
- @greenpaperleaf: Elisa has some stunning journalling layouts I’ve ever seen – simple, fresh and delightful.
- @thedailyroe: if you’re not already following Eunice, you’ve been living under a rock. This lovely lady has some frame-worthy planner outlines *drools*
What are your current sources of inspiration going into the new year?